Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Weight Milestone

I didn't eat bad yesterday.  I basically ate that container of apple cider pork I photographed, bacon, eggs, avocados, and one more apple.  I don't really have much to say about it so I'm not putting a run-down.  Those are going to come more sporadically because I'm bored of 'em already and I'm sure you are, too.

My milestone today?  I am in the 210s.  I weigh 219 pounds as of today, which is four pounds away from where I left off the last time I went primal, 39 pounds away from my goal, and a full 50 pounds lighter than my peak weight.

So break out the kazoos!  OK, never mind, don't do that.  'Twould be obnoxious.

To celebrate (or rather just because it's a good idea) my new "running goal" is to walk my dog every day.  Because he's a sweetheart who deserves it.
With a face like that...
And also to prepare for Pridefest which is next week.  In diet-related terms, what I am wondering is if I should take this as a cheat day or if I should try to primal-ize the experience.  Let's be honest, I'm thinking it'll be the former, because it'll be a day of street food.  Generally it is too expensive for me to overindulge there, though, so I'm not particularly worried.

Speaking of indulging, I don't know if I brought up my big problem, which is that my dad does not understand my eating decisions.  You know those lists of "Ten Things Never to Say/Do to a Dieter?"  Dad breaks a lot of those rules.  Many of them contradicting.  When I was younger, he was the one who most ragged me about my weight--I'm too old (and male) for him to really get away with it now, but he still has that kind of attitude... while at the same time trying to "help" me by buying me food.

It makes sense.  I'm his son, I'm low-income (I can afford food, but only barely), so he thinks that by buying it he's helping me.  The problem is that no matter what I tell him, he doesn't understand the basics of my diet.  He didn't when I was a vegan and he doesn't now.  So a couple days ago I was stressed out as all hell because he decided to bring home four packages of candy.  Because it was ethnic candy from a Mexican import store and one of the ingredients in one was sweet potatoes, which I have eaten occasionally, he assumed I would like it and brought it.

Like an idiot I told him I'd use it for cheat days.  What I need to tell him instead is "don't buy me food.  Ever."  I very nearly had a sugar binge on it.  Luckily for me, it was terrible tasting stuff with weird spices and so I only one piece of each variety (a total of around 400 calories) and spat out almost all of one of them (the most calorically dense, meaning I probably only actually ate around 250 calories).  I told him this when I got home and said not to buy food for me anymore.  He said he won't, but I don't know.

Well, we'll see.  Today was a good day, hopefully another tomorrow.