Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cherry Coconut Lemonade

Yesterday I had some really wicked soda cravings.  To get through that, I made this:
It's cherry lemonade made with coconut water (I use coconut water for a lot of things because it's good for blood pressure).  I don't have the ingredients down exact, but the gist of it is:
  • Roughly a half cup lemon juice.
  • Roughly a cup coconut water (or regular water).
  • A little over a quarter cup cherries (I used frozen pie cherries) or other fruit.
  • A tablespoon maple syrup (optional, depends on what fruit you use).
Put it in a blender.  It may be the blender or the fact that I used frozen fruit or something else entirely, but I wind up with a massive amount of pleasant-tasting foam on top that does not de-foam.  I'm thinking about trying this again and freezing the foam to see if it turns out like a sherbert.  Chill it for a while so the foam and other stuff separates and when you skim it all off you wind up with something like the above.

And it was pretty good... nailed the cravings, at least.