Tuesday, May 29, 2012

PaleoTrack Analysis for May 28

The Foods I Ate And Why I Ate Them

Yesterday I was at home all day, which means I was less hungry in general due to less boredom.

I had eggs and bacon for breakfast before doing a coconut oil "pull and swallow" (Oil pulling, except I swallow the oil.  I know, I know, the oil pulling shills hate me now.).  I had a pair of chicken thighs each for lunch and a late dinner.  I also had a 6 oz. haddock fillet and a pound of broccoli with butter.

Later as the day was winding down I noticed my bananas were going bad.  I put some in the dehydrator and made the remaining two into a banana pudding, hence the bananas, coconut water, and cocoa.  This radically changed the way the day was going, but not so much that it ruined the day.

Plus, I didn't eat anything that I didn't process myself, and since I was at home and not work it meant I wasn't distracted by other people eating or boredom.

The Pie Chart

Yesterday's pie chart wasn't terrible:
I didn't get under the 70 grams of carbs I intended because bananas are sugary, but I'm still in the 50-100 carb sweet spot popularized by Mark Sisson so I am satisfied.  I also kicked myself out of ketosis, but my body drifts in and out very easily so I'll probably be back into it by morning.

Half of my calories are from fat, which is acceptable, and I ate pretty much the same amount of protein as the day before.

The Labels

There is no difference here from my last entry:
Too many omega-6s, loss of the "dairy free" label due to butter (but only butter).  Not bad.  Still room for improvement.

Exercise for the Day

Today's activities included playing fetch with the dog, foraging for asparagus (without actually finding any), and a fifteen minute Men's Health body weight workout video that gets me really sweating.